- Water Heater Repair
- Slab Leak Repair
- Phoenix Emergency Plumbing
- Pipe Repairs and Re-Pipes
- Electrician Licensing in Arizona
- Electrical Troubleshooting – Helpful Hints and Tips
- Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Air Conditioner Repair – Tips and Tricks
- Reverse Osmosis System Installation
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Survey Coupon
- Contact Us
- We Partner with Local Valleywide and Phoenix Electricians
Water Heater Repair
When it comes to plumbing, electrical, and heating and air conditioning, there will always be at some point in time mechanical failures with equipment and appliances. It is just the nature of machines. Parts wear out with use, things go wrong, and units have to be either repaired or replaced.
Water Heater Problems
When your water heater ceases to operate, leaks, or is no longer heating the water, it is an indication of a problem that requires water heater repair. For those of you in the Phoenix Arizona area, your water heater repair solution would be to contact Eagle Services Plumbing.
Tips on Water Heater Repair – What To Check
For the most part, water heaters are typically reliable appliances but sometimes there may be issues. Here are some of the common indications that something is wrong with the water heater.
- There is no hot water at the areas the heater services
- There is some hot water, but only a very small amount
- The water is a rusty color
- The water has an odor that is similar to that of rotten eggs
- The water heater is making a popping or rumbling noise
- Water is leaking from the heater at the base
Tips on Water Heater Repair – Advanced Troubleshooting
These are indications of a problem, and in order for that problem to be remedied, additional steps must be taken for water heater repair. There are safety precautions that must be taken, and you can be seriously injured or worse if you don’t heed them. You can avoid any potential hazards if you prefer by contacting a qualified licensed Arizona plumber/electrician such as Eagle Services Plumbing.
- No Hot Water – this may be a result of a defective gas pilot control valve or thermocouple, an electric thermostat that has gone faulty, or a defective electric heating element. Possible remedies would be replacement of any defective parts.
- Limited Amount of Hot Water – the water heater may not be large enough for the demands being placed on it. There could be a damaged dip tube that might need replacing, or possibly the plumbing has the hot and cold water “crossed.” Another possible reason could be a defective heating element.
- Rusty Colored Water – this is an indication of interior lining corrosion. Corrosion could mean replacement instead of water heater repair, and a qualified plumber is probably your best source of advice in this instance.
- Rotten Egg Smelling Water – this is usually due to bacteria caused by anode decay. This may require flushing out of the water heater and anode replacement. If this fails to remedy the problem, a plastic lined tank may be in order.
- Popping or Rumbling Noises – this can be the result of sediment buildup in the tank which causes water to overheat and boil, which creates the noises. This is usually resolved by flushing out the tank.
- Leaking Water Heater – this might be caused by a corroded and leaking tank, a defective T&P valve, or a leaky plumbing connection. Possible solutions include valve replacement, or possibly water heater replacement if the problem is with tank corrosion.
It is easy to see it can take some time to troubleshoot water heater problems, and your best course of action may be just to let an experienced and knowledgeable plumber/electrician pinpoint the problem for you.
If you are experiencing problems with your water heater, Eagle Services has a qualified licensed service team to diagnose the cause and get your water heater back up and running properly. Call them anytime day or night for all of your electrical, plumbing, and HVAC needs in Phoenix and the surrounding area.