- Water Heater Repair
- Slab Leak Repair
- Phoenix Emergency Plumbing
- Pipe Repairs and Re-Pipes
- Electrician Licensing in Arizona
- Electrical Troubleshooting – Helpful Hints and Tips
- Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Air Conditioner Repair – Tips and Tricks
- Reverse Osmosis System Installation
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Survey Coupon
- Contact Us
- We Partner with Local Valleywide and Phoenix Electricians
Air Conditioner Repair – Tips and Tricks
The majority of homeowners aren’t formally trained on the mechanics and inner workings of their air conditioning system or how to perform their own air conditioner repair in Phoenix. They are content to trust a company such as Eagle Services in Phoenix to handle any a/c system maintenance. One thing they do know for sure in the heat of summer is if their unit is or isn’t working.
Air Conditioner Troubleshooting
One thing you want to do when your air conditioner is blowing hot air or none at all is properly identify the problem. There’s no point in replacing expensive system components only to find out that wasn’t the cause of the problem. The service team at Eagle Services wants to be sure you get the most economical air conditioner repair job possible, and sometimes a problem can turn out to be something very minor and inexpensive.
Checking Your Air Conditioner
- Before placing a service call, make certain the thermostat is set to cool and the temperature setting is lower than the temperature of the air in the room. This may seem very obvious, but you’d be surprised how many service calls we get only to discover this was the cause of the problem.
- Is the fan on the inside unit running? If the answer is no, see if the fan on the outdoor unit is operating. If neither fan is running, check the panel box for a tripped breaker. If the breaker is tripped, reset by turning it off and back on. If the breaker trips again, there may be wiring damage in the air handler that needs to be repaired or the breaker may be defective.
- Run the a/c unit for 5-10 minutes, and then feel the outdoor unit copper line. Is it cold? Does it have condensation on it? If the line is not cold, it may be a Freon problem and you’ll need to call Eagle Services for servicing.
- Check the unit’s filter; if it is excessively dirty with dirt and debris, replace or clean depending on the type of filter you have.
- If the fan is not working but the compressor is, the problem could be with the condenser’s fan motor.
- If the compressor doesn’t start but the condenser fan does, the compressor could be faulty or your system may need refrigerant.
- It may be that the unit is not sized properly for the space it is expected to cool. Ask your service repair technician at Eagle Services in Phoenix if your unit is sized properly for your living space.
- The a/c coils may be dirty; these should be kept clean to prevent restricted air flow. When the air filter is dirty and not doing its job of trapping the dust and dirt, it accumulates on the coils instead.
These are just a few air conditioning troubleshooting tips that may prove useful to you. When your air conditioner is not working properly, it can be a great inconvenience if the weather is very hot.
You might consider having your a/c system checked once before the weather gets hot and again before it starts to get cold. These are high use periods for the unit and preventative maintenance can end up actually saving you money on repairs.
Call the preferred Phoenix air conditioning contractor, Eagle Services, for all of your Phoenix air conditioning repair and heating system needs. We are on call 24/7 and offer emergency service when you need it. If you live in the Phoenix or the surrounding area, call Eagle at 602-354-3648 for all your HVAC, electrical, and plumbing needs. We’re here when you need us!